Wednesday, January 18, 2017

middle

Trying to make some sense of it all,
But I can see it makes no sense at all
Is it cool to go to sleep on the floor?
'Cause I don't think that I can take anymore
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right,
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you

I like the middle. NOT my middle/midsection for it has increased over the years but the middle of the political spectrum. I view the extremes as being too limiting. There more room in the middle. Maybe the middle is boring but boring can be good and relaxing at times.

What will Donald tweet next?

Former reality TV star and soon to be world leader, Mr. Trump certainly expresses himself on twitter. Donald is a twitter gatling gun. Since the beginning of reality TV I disliked the format and never thought as an occupation/career it would provide any solid career advancement. Shows how little I know or understand about the world.



CC BY-SA 3.0, Link

She-who-hooked-me-onto-public-radio and I listened to good NPR show about Trump and the media called “On the Media”. The particular show was titled “The Game Has Changed”. (link to show's page)

A cognitive linguist (never met one but sounds interesting) interviewed on the show offered categories of Trump tweets. Here’s his categories:

Preemptive framing - frames an event his way before others do.
Diversion - the recent Meryl Streep and Hamilton tweets are examples
Trial balloon - checks the popular reaction of an idea/issue
Deflection - attack the messager

One of the problems the media has with these tweets is their addiction to breaking news. They just mainline these tweets before they even think twice about it. Their handling of these outbursts makes me sick.

Just taking the time to categorized his tweets could be beneficial if you are not just going to ignore them. I’m not on twitter. You don’t need to be to see/hear about his tweets. I don’t care about twitterstorms. The media addicts take of that for you.

One of the tweets mentioned in that NPR show was this one:

“In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally” 

Since he doesn’t know what a landslide is maybe he will be caught under one someday.

Moving on, I offer this question for the comment section. I recently posed this question to my Fakebook community. 

a question worthy of FB, but first a bit of trivia. Every White House administration going back to Theodore Roosevelt has had a pet dog. Many had additional pets too. Donald Trump does not appear to have any pets. My question to FB - Will Donald Trump get a pet dog and if so what type?

Oh a bit of background music for you while think of a good answer.






No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing