Wednesday, May 18, 2016

I long for personal space

Hey soul sister do you get the lyrics twisted?

Lisleman offers another lyrical analysis. In other words, what you didn't hear while enjoying a song. If you missed my last one it’s over here.
 





Why do birds suddenly appear

(“Why do pigeons/vultures suddenly appear” was changed after the first draft.)

Every time you are near?
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you

(Aren’t most birds just looking for a handout? Does she have an ulterior motive here?.)





Why do stars fall down from the sky
Every time you walk by?

(Chicken little sky falling reference? Meteors? Sounds dangerous.)
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you

On the day that you were born the angels got together
And decided to create a dream come true
So they sprinkled moon dust in your hair
Of golden starlight in your eyes of blue

(Moon dust? Double check it might just be dandruff. I’m not grey. I have silver dust sprinkled by angels in my hair. Starlight coming from your eyes could look demonic.)




That is why all the girls in town
Follow you
All around

(Now that would be a big ego boost as long they were not the fatal attraction type.)

Just like me, they long to be
Close to you

(Actually I long to have a little personal space.)



Great you read all the way to the bottom. Just a bit more - This Friday "The Angry Birds Movie" will suddenly appear near you. Also, "Close to You" is part of the soundtrack.

No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing