Thursday, January 21, 2016

more art than ad

Sometimes it's ponies and puppy dogs. Other ones employ clever relatable situations. Many can be very funny. I do enjoy good ads. However, I'll mute or change the channel on most ads.

remember the funny ads this toddler did?


Yesterday I found a very moving emotional ad. Actually after doing a bit researching I discover the ad apparently is a "spec" ad that two students hope to sell. Since they focused on a well known global company, Johnnie Walker, I just thought it was developed by a contracted ad agency. Perhaps because it was created by new talent it was so good.

No matter, I've watched it a number of times because each time it reminds of strong family bonds.

I recommend you give it a look and listen.


Cool my demons and walk with me brother until our roads lead us away from each other
And if your heart’s full of sorrow, keep walking
Don’t rest
And promise me from heart to chest to never let your memories die
Never
I will always be alive and by your side in your mind
I’m free.







My searching for the words (poem) used in the ad lead me to this article, brandchannel.  There you'll find that the poem was written by the narrator (John ‘Bang’ Reilly) in collaboration with the ad creators. Also the full text of the poem is included in the article.

No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing