Friday, September 25, 2015

bustle in your hedgerow

Stand back while Lisleman once again attempts to arrange the disjointed mumblings of his mind into a readable understandable post.

Don’t be alarmed now.

Last year I wrote the following as the beginning verse of a parody based on the “Sounds of Silence” song. It got rave reviews. Ok, there were a few encouraging comments left by kind readers.

Hello Facebook, my old friend
I’ve come to talk with you again
Because a friend softly creeping
Left comments while I was sleeping
And the anger that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the likes of Facebook
...
(here’s a link to the post if you have to urge to sing the whole thing)

Yesterday, (not the song) our daughter posted this funny graphic on my FB page/wall. I believe much of the online viral vitriol can be found on FB. She has heard me complain about it before so this graphic was very appropriate for me.






Now we don’t have a hedgerow here but we did long ago when we lived in Ireland once for a summer. I was not there long enough to experience a bustle in our hedgerow. It could be scary. I would worry about dangerous skunks.  (oh I don't believe in those nasty Leprechauns

Now this next thought is quite a bit of stretch (mind bending?) - try considering your FB comments and shared posts as your online hedgerow. Seems a day doesn’t go by that there isn't a bustle in my hedgerow.  How about yours?

Now that I’ve managed to repeat bustle and hedgerow enough times I suspect you might feel like having a listen to a good cover of “Stairway to Heaven”.

Oh just one more slightly disjointed thought if I may (well it’s my blog so I will). I believe the stairway to heaven should be updated and replaced with an escalator to heaven. Nice kind old people would have tough time on those stairs. C’mon give them a break.

Ok here’s a most unusual cover of “Stairway to Heaven”:

ooh it makes me wonder


No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing