Friday, August 28, 2015

best post ever

Not really but then can we really judge our own posts?

Besides I don’t want you judging me.

Lighten up - enjoy my fragmented post. There’s a few more fragmented posts linked over at the blog A Star In My Own Universe, check it out.


She gave us great laughs


My last post included some dismal words about the stock market. Wow the crazy days offered up by that wild circus.

As I often do when I find myself in times of trouble, mother ---   

No I play some music and changed the lyrics in head. The following verse didn’t even need much changing as I watched the market plunge:

And so it was that later
As the market turned a big sale
That my face, at first just ghostly
Turned a whiter shade of pale

Sometimes you just need to skip the market fandango.

don't cry


Eric Zorn of the Chicago Tribune listed the following in his tweets of the week.
"Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near? Just like me, they long to eat your sandwiches,"

Last weekend I took four of the grandkids for a walk over to a recently rebuilt park in the neighborhood. (I really can not remember any new playground equipment showing up in my youth - how ‘bout you?) It was a nice day.

While pushing one of our granddaughters on the swing, she threw her head back and yelled, “best day ever.”

I remarked, “Really? It is a great day but your best day ever?”

She told me Rapunzel shouted this in a movie. After looking up a clip of the movie (something no one could do back during my youth) I realized why she made the connection with the movie.



No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing