Wednesday, December 31, 2014

fragmints taste good

Back 2013 I read a post and the idea of fragmints formed in my head (not quite visions of sugar-plums but close).  Here's what I wrote about fragmints:
recipe for fragmints (thanks Keetha for a post title that gave me this idea)

  • Mix many types of thoughts together.
  • Let sit for a few minutes.
  • Scoop out the funnier ones that rise to the top.
  • Feed the bottom stuff to your dog.
  • Sprinkle minty leaves on top.
  • Bake in your favorite word processor.

Post your fragmints and link it to Mrs. 4444’s blog to share with the FF party.  (this post is early due to New Years day)

not from New Year's eve

Have you heard this one yet?
I took the road less traveled. Now I don’t know where the hell I am.

who rubs those?

In between the holiday get-togethers I like to catch-up on my deep thoughts. Do you know if anyone has ever tried roasting water chestnuts on an open fire?

refresh yourself in 2015

Continuing on the topic of odd research (what ? no one brought that topic up? well it’s my blog and we are now on this topic so pay attention) - did you hear about the 2014 study of drunk birds? Researchers (if I ever get caught in a prank again I’m telling the authorities that I’m a researcher) at an Oregon University found that drunk zebra finches slur their bird song.  (I did hear birds singing when I fell off a bar stool once)

Good thing they didn’t study the blue-footed booby bird because the news reporting would have gone wild. I imagine local news stations generating teasers like, “Coming up at 10, can you talk to drunk boobies?”.


two good looking boobies


Slightly related idea - Starting July 1, 2015, Measure 91 allows the personal use and possession of recreational marijuana under Oregon law. These zebra finches should be tested and studied. I predict they might get the munchies.

~last one I promise~

As I was completing a recent online transaction it occurred to me that expiration credit card info should state both a future date and/or future hacker attack whichever comes first. Over the years I recall about four times we were reissued cards due to hacker attacks that came long before the expiration date.


Half-Past Kissin' Time


Losing my grip more and more each day. However, my gripe is strong and improving.

No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing