Thursday, September 25, 2014

I’d rather be a fragment than a faux pas

Imagine that - I’m mixing a bit of French into a Friday Fragment post.

It's been said that life is a hugely varied affair. Mrs. 4444 writes a hugely varied blog, I would say. The Friday Fragments collections there bring together a variety of thoughts and images from many bloggers. I offer you this post to add to your varied affair. (but if you are having an affair I truly don't want to know anything about it)



feeling kicked down?


Recently I’ve been in need of new glasses (looking at life through rose-tinted glasses just doesn’t make it anymore). The optical store left a voice message the other day. I have google voice which tries and usually fails to translate the message into a text message. Here’s the beginning of their translation:
Hi. This is weekend if it looks like I care. I was just calling…..


a friend emailed this pic back in 2010


Have you watch any of the Ken Burns recent documentary series, “The Roosevelts An Intimate History”? Just amazing how this one extended family could have such an impact on life in America during the first half of the 20th century.




On the subject of parking (my mind just drifted there - come on people keep up with your mind reading) - it bothers me that people will circle around and around looking for the best spot. As if they are keeping score in some universal parking game (this was part of comment I left on a post by Lilly of Oz)




My other type of OCD, Obsessive Curiosity Disorder, has taken me far in knowledge but also into trouble. I don’t consider it big trouble but there have been many times I have annoyed my family by wondering out loud. What’s it all about Alfie? (Burt Bacharach, Hal David)  For example, why it that person sitting waiting for a car to leave when there is an empty spot 20 feet away?

Hal David wrote in the lyrics, “What's it all about when you sort it out, Alfie”. I have never been able to sort it out. Life is messy.





A new word for me to remember - risible. My goal is to have a risible blog.




The time to hesitate is through
No time to wallow in the mire
Commenting can only help
With enough comments I won’t tire
<<<<<>>>>
Susanna Hoffs (Bangles fame) recorded an "Austin" version of "What's It All About, Alfie" for an Austin Powers movie. 
!!update!!  Wow typically my youtube clip selections last longer than a 2 weeks.  The clip was removed.  I assume a legal request.  Well I just try another Susanna Hoffs song.  Her she is singing "I've Seen All Good People".




Thanks in advance for sharing a comment. It keeps my mind occupied for a bit.


No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing