Thursday, July 03, 2014

shooting fragments on the fourth

Since the 4th of July is tomorrow I suspect many will be out grilling, swimming, parading, and/or watching the shows in the sky here in the US and not blog reading.  I do realize and very much appreciate the international followers coming to A Few Clowns Short.  For the non-US readers I guess the 4th of July is just a day between the 3rd and the 5th.

I thought about skipping the Friday Fragment fun offered by Mrs. 4444's blog this week.  Then I noticed she posted it early with a special thank-you to the FF players.  

Well I have a couple old photos I was going share soon so why not make it my FF post.  I was digging through an old box of stuff.  I just used the camera on the i-pad to take a photo of the photo.


Wow nice gun for just $300

A sign of training discipline - not allowing your eyes to wander back to the beauties behind you.


My dad is loading the bazooka on the right

My dad spent a good deal of time in Canada training Canadian soldiers.  He was also in Alaska for awhile.  I do remember him telling me that they could knock down a tree with a direct hit.

Have a great 4th

I tried a great beer recommended by friends recently - Samuel Smith’s Nut Brown Ale. On the label there is a picture of them rousing the brew during fermentation. They wrote, “...redistribute the flocculent Old Brewery yeast strain.”

I had to look up "flocculent". I sounded like flatulent to me. Do you know the word? It means having a loosely clumped texture. Sour milk becomes flocculent. And of course you should write some flocculent fragments for you FF post.





Half-Past Kissin' Time

No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing