Saturday, July 05, 2014

Sheryl Crow doesn’t know me

I wonder because she did write the following words and sang them. Now, I’ve never repaired a vending machine but I did fix our dryer not long ago. Also long ago, I was able jam up a candy vending machine in such a way that the whole shop got free candy bars. It only took minutes before I and my co-workers emptied it.

“I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman
He said he's been down this road more than twice
He was high on intellectualism
I've never been there, but the brochure looks nice”


Intellectualism - While I don’t follow any “isms” I have posted many ideas and ask thought provoking questions. (what? I haven’t provoked you yet?)






Sheryl Crow is a favorite of mine. She-who-knows-better and I were fortunate enough to enjoy a live concert of hers in my home town. Good seats too. Back in 2012 I had the idea of getting her staff’s attention by posting the above picture. (idea is still an idea, even if it is dumb)

Just because you are over the hill and rolling doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be thinking of new ideas. My idiotic idea generating ability runs almost nonstop. July often produces heat stressed ideas - July Ideas.

I am fairly certain Sheryl has never produced a parody song. She has done some great covers. Not singing parodies, makes my latest idea even more of a moon shot idea (oh kids back in the 60’s America landed on the moon) and since I don’t have an organization the size of NASA it is going to be tough even to get her attention. Hey my organization is made up of you. Yeah, you the readers. Anyone know Sheryl or a member of her staff?

My idea requires my use of her recording in exchange for blog advertising. She could keep the copyrights.

Enough of the negativism. The idea is a blog theme song. Did you know you can play music on the internet? Duh, youtube/pandora/spotify anyone? I have the technology. I just need someone to record it. I’ve written the parody for my A Few Clowns Short theme song. Sheryl’s sweet voice would sound wonderful singing it. Any guesses on the song playing on my headphones when I came up my theme song? (oh it’s not one of Sheryl’s, well not yet)



she needs a leather strap repairman



If you’re reading a few clowns short
Be sure to share your comment over there
If you’re reading a few clowns short
You're gonna meet some gentle people there

For those who comment on a few clowns short
Lisleman will give you a reply that’s fair
In the comment section of a few clowns short
Gentle people with flowers in their hair

All across the nation such a strange vibration
Lisleman in motion
There's a whole generation linking his post creation
Lisleman in motion Lisleman in motion

For those who comment on a few clowns short
Be sure to share your comment over there
If you comment at a few clowns short
Lisleman will give you a reply that’s fair



This blog runs on comments. So please help keep it running.

Unknown Mami

No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing