Thursday, May 23, 2013

fragments of past replies

I post. You read. You comment. I reply. We rest a bit then repeat.





That’s an extreme simplification of blogging. Tonight I’m in simple state of mind. The weekly FF post (I’m impressed that it has been offered so continuously) is designed to be a simple fun post. Go ask Mrs. 4444 if you don’t believe me. Oh and be sure to read others on her linked list of FF posts.

Honestly I think (judging your own work is error prone) my best past FF posts were ones that I prepared over the week. Of course, my best work is yet to come - right? Now my prep work consist mostly jotting down a few potential FF ideas during the week. This week I jotted down one idea/note. It’s the first fragment.

I thought maybe I would just take a pass this week. I’ve skipped a few weeks before but I do enjoy FF posts because there are fun. I came up with an idea (appreciate your opinion in the comment section) to use fragments of my recent FF post replies as this week's post fragments.

Hope you enjoy a random selection of replies to your past comments.



Half-Past Kissin' Time

Last Saturday I tried something new. I had a California Cabernet Sauvignon with cheetos. I paired the cabernet with crunchy style having a freshness date of June 18. As fragments go, I consider this one possibly one day helping a poor guy who ran out of cheese.


--## the following are from past replies ##--

When I was in grade school I believed in mental telepathy. I kept sending thought messages to one girl. Never worked. I should have just written a note.



Weird and tasty too. thanks




Yes and there are times I wish I could speak unfiltered too. thanks




hmm there is the "bob's your uncle" line, but I'm not British enough to completely understand. Not sure why "uncle" was the required word to cry if you twisted someone's arm. Finally there is the "crazy uncle". I don't know if I've reached the status of crazy uncle yet. Our kids think I'm crazy at times. It's a mutual thing really.




thanks - if your fragments are puzzle shaped then you are also feeling puzzled.




LOL - I read stuff like this in the comments and wonder why didn't I think of that. You can turn that into a joke pun. What do you call a criminal using twitter?
perpetweeter - (thanks Mrs 4444)

20 comments:

Dawn Saros-Kirk said...

I like your story about how you started and named this blog. BTW, you might want to brush up on your photography skills. You cut off half your face in your pic. :-) Have a fabulous weekend!

missliz said...

I love your sense of humor. It's subtle, not in your face...sort of like a good Cabernet Sauvignon...fun to swirl around for awhile. Have a great weekend!

Jan B said...

Very philosophical start there. I think of my comment before I read any others, then I won't convince myself I'm copying and not say what I thought.

Stacy Uncorked said...

You always entertain me, even when you're not prepared. And I've paired a Pinot Noir with Cheez-Its before, never thought of Cheetos (but you know that will now be on my 'must do' list). ;) Have a great weekend! :)

Country Stars Shine Bright: Friday Fragments

Tami said...

Perpetweeter!! HAHA!
I tend to speak unfiltered way too much. My husband says my censor button malfunctions a lot! =)
Have a wonderful weekend!

lisleman said...

It's tricky and tough but the more one thinks before speaking the better. Mrs. 4444 came up with perpetweeter in a comment a few weeks ago.

Dawn Saros-Kirk said...

Oh yes, I understood that.  I was just teasing.  Have a wonderful day!



Dawn

lisleman said...

Oh that's fine. It's hard to figure out teases without the tone of voice. I often leave comments that could be taken the wrong way. I probably should use the emoticon like you did. Also I should pay more attention to emoticons. thanks have a great weekend

unknownmami said...

I'm sure there are many repeat perpetweeters.

Kathy West said...

You're a nut...but a good nut! Have a great weekend!

lisleman said...

thanks have a great weekend too

lisleman said...

As a non-twitter member I thinking that would be called retweeting the perpetweeters. thanks

lisleman said...

savannah, did you recognize that the puzzle reply was made on your comment? I'm not sure I understand this dense feeling but I heard wine often can lighten up the brain matter. thanks

lisleman said...

That happens to me too. You created some clever cartoonish characters on your blog. I enjoy your odd news reporting. It's fun to "listen in" on blog conversations. thanks

savannah said...

LOL not until you mentioned it, sweet pea! and thank you for the suggestion re a glass. ;)

Mrs4444 said...

I like your fun idea. My favorite comment was the one about "Uncle!" GREAT question! Thanks for linking up, Bill, and for the FF support :)

lisleman said...

thanks for browsing over. I know you have more blogs to visit than time to visit. My replies of course depended on good comments from the readers.

longhollow said...

You are so creative, and you have creative commenters, too!

Secret Agent Woman said...

Wine and cheetos. Wine goes with anything, of course, but cheetos...hmm.

Secret Agent Woman said...

Ha!

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing