Friday, December 28, 2012

one more fragment shot for the year

It's the last shot of Friday fragments for the year 2012.  No pressure but if you miss it, you'll need to carry your old fragments into 2013.  

Be sure to check out the fragment fandango being hosted by Mrs. 4444.


Mommy's Idea

2012 was many things for me.  Many things truly sucked.  But one minor thing that turned out more interesting than I expected was Pinterest.




Like celestial alignments my wife and I occasionally align on an idea.  This Christmas we agreed on most of the gifts which is a gift in itself.




Anyone planning a piscivorous evening?


Are you ready to slide into the new year?  It does make sense that humans started counting off days.  Following the sun is simple.  Watch the phases of the moon and you get months.  The seasons along with the sun position and you can mark off a year.  Where did the week come fromI can't think of any natural cycle of a week duration.  There's the modern weekly cycle of garbage pick-up but we used weeks before  garbage trucks.

As this new year approaches - I feel good.

  

16 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...


Do you scour a dictionary for a 3 million dollar word to use in your frags? I had to look THAT one up but I know sastruga and hematopoiesis all by myself.

Bee said...

I'm still determined not to open a Pinterest account. Have a Happy New Year!

jnoragon said...

2012 friday fragment finale, so to speak. I opened discus and find Bee has already voiced my sentiment. Apparently, however, that's where to find all the good pictures.

Mrs4444 said...

I'm glad you're feeling good, Bill. Happy New Year!! :) Thanks for linking up!


This year, Mr.4444 came up with the "great" idea for us to not get each other much (so we didn't), as "Christmas is for the kids!" Upon further review, following a suitable cooling-off period, I'll be weighing in on that one--Thumbs down!

longhollow said...

Are you on Pinterest? I love it, but rarely get on there, because I never know when to jump back off! Glad you're feeling good and I hope that carries all the way through 2013!

lisleman said...

Yes, there is a link to my Pinterest page on the right sidebar. Typically I'll pin something I see on G+ or a blog and then spend a little bit of time looking through the things offered up. It has not become much of a time consumer for me. thanks

lisleman said...

Ha that funny about the "cooling-off" period. Actually the gifts we agreed about this year were gifts for the kids. Happy New Year

lisleman said...

I did include a few of my one-liner collection (my name for them). I didn't think Pinterest would be of much use to me but I thought it's free and I would give it a shot. It's very useful for storing pictures especially ones you find on the internet.
thanks Happy New Year

lisleman said...

I assume you are afraid it will suck more of your time away. I suppose it could but I don't spend that much time on it. But I'm still determined not to open a twitter account. Happy New Year.

Bee said...

That's exactly what I'm afraid of!

Agnes Pages said...

Well happy new year to you too. Hope 2013 will be everything you want it to be,

Heather Smith said...

Happy New Year! I don't know if I'll be sliding into 2013, I just hope to be awake to see it...

lisleman said...

Keep your eyes open. thanks

lisleman said...

thanks - I hope so.

unknownmami said...

Wishing you a phenomenal 2013 with great hair and lots of laughs.

lisleman said...

Great hair - good one thanks

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing