Saturday, December 31, 2011

keep it alive

As I write this the new year celebrations are going off in far away parts of the world.  The night skies light as revelers get spun from 2011 to 2012. Happy New Year. 



I don’t think life would work if the earth didn’t spin. Moving changing pushing into the future as our minds grab for pieces of the past. Oh the best pieces are the sweetest. 

New Year’s eve was never a big thing for me. The assigning of the next number in the date just seems like counting. My logical mind was puzzled when I learned my wife enjoyed seeing the odometer flip from 9’s to 0’s. Yeah it’s nice the car has lasted this long and we are moving but really what’s the big deal? 



Of course, a good party is a good party. But a good party can be had anytime of the year and a warm summer evening beats the blast of cold you often get on Dec. 31. 

I don’t join in on the resolution thing. Proclaiming of a New Year’s resolution probably is a conspiracy started by the weight loss industry which includes the fitness clubs. Besides, long ago I made a resolution never to make resolutions. 

But I do hope you fellow bloggers (I certainly plan to), keep alive your blogging next year. As long as we are spinning through space lets keep sharing our blogs. 

CHEERS 





13 comments:

oceangirl said...

This makes the tears flow freely Lisleman.

I had been a drama queen in this blogyworld, I am not happy about it, but I do sincerely thank you and all my blog friends.  Women, you won't believe what thrills us!

Bearmancartoons said...

happy new year.  If this band hits it big they will regret the name like Hootie and the Blowfish..hah

Sara said...

Yes, I can certainly resolve to keep the blog alive!

lisleman said...

I don't recall any past visits here, so first off, welcome.  Thanks for sharing a comment.  Please check out some other posts.  If you would like a laugh check out the LLL tab on top.
Secondly, you might have seen my comment on your blog, I just finished it, but I want to thank you for blogging because for some reason your blog brought back some emotions and thoughts that I should post about in the future.  It's weird how these random things happen, like a smile from a stranger, but they do.  thanks
Happy New Year

lisleman said...

The Hootie part is OK.  I like their name but maybe the AA crowd would not.  Happy new year.

lisleman said...

very good point - the Mars vs. Venus thing.  From this side it appears you know us better than we know you but I have seen examples (some sad ones) where the girl was completely unaware of what she was getting into.  Both sides make mistakes and always will.  Did you ever listen to the song, My Favorite Mistake?

oceangirl said...

..from this side it appears you know us better than we know you.

A Daft Scots Lass said...

♥ Happy 2012 ♥

lisleman said...

Happy New Year
Wishing everyone a good beer.

Secret Agent Woman said...

Blogging is definitely an addiction I'm not ready to let go of.  Happy 2012!

lisleman said...

good to hear - wishing you a good beer

Pat4280 said...

Anyone whose wife can win a limbo contest is a lucky man!
http://www.i-cant-believe-im-not-bitter.com/

lisleman said...

yes I am.  But the comment should be on a different post - doesn't matter - thanks

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing