Friday, December 11, 2009

short news shows clowns abound

  • A new idea in cruising (first mentioned on this blog in a post on orchids and sex - it's at the end of that post), the cougar cruise was a total sell-out (I mean tickets not relationship stuff).  The cruise sailed back about the first of this month from San Diego.  I bet those cubs with their attractive ornaments will be receiving some great presents this year.

  • Speaking of cubs - some short news on the Chicago Cubs.  Well actually the news is about the historic ballpark of the Cubs, Wrigley Field.  They will be keeping the steel troughs in the mens restrooms.  They are renovating the restrooms along with other parts of the ballpark this offseason.  I have no clue as to the number of cougars attending these Cubs games.  I suspect the Cubs would get to first base more often with the cougars than they do in their typical games.  BTW if the new management would like to contact me, I have some ideas for special cougar nights.

  • Yet another news report on the Salahis - Mr. Salahi tried paying a landscaping bill with a fake watch.  see NPR report  (I'm think Mrs. should go cougar on him)

  • A short item in space news - Dutch guy can see astronaut working in space from his backyard telescope.  Who knew that the Dutch are watching NASA that closely?  This is amazing and he uploaded a clip of explaining on youtube.


More amazing is what can been seen after digitally enhancing his photos.

Take a look at this result:





Well that's all the shorts in my news (or is should that be the other way around?) but don't forget in the past few weeks, we all found out that Tiger was a Cheetah.





another circus


6 comments:

OneStonedCrow said...

Howzit Lisleman,

My apologies - I accidentally rejected your comment about the living stones on my blog ... i do these stupid things sometimes ...

... to answer your questions:

No, I don't grow them myself - they're a protected species and I think one needs a special permit to possess or grow them ...

I imagine that they only flower when atmospheric conditions are right - there are many species here in the desert which lie dormant for years and only flower after (rare) good rains ...

Bill Lisleman said...

@onestonedcrow - no problem but thanks for answering over here. Some amazing stuff in the desert.

Other readers - you should check out the OneStonedCrow blog to see some very unusual flowers!

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

I like that: "tiger is a Cheetah".

Joanna Jenkins said...

Circus Lane could lead straight to my house :-) Ha!

I'm out of town all next week without an Internet connection so I'll catch up on your posts when I return. Have a great week.

jj

Bill Lisleman said...

@NGIP - I liked it too and that's why I grabbed it from somewhere (maybe the paper?).

@JJ - you have a great week too - thanks for sharing a comment.

lisleman said...

@NGIP - I liked it too and that's why I grabbed it from somewhere (maybe the paper?).

@JJ - you have a great week too - thanks for sharing a comment.

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing