Tuesday, March 10, 2009

getting greener

I was over on Itunes getting my free Tuesday song. It's a mixed bag, some are not even worthy of free but I've found good ones too.

So no surprise, Itunes has St. Patrick's day related promotions. I found a FREE music video of this Irish band, Tossers.

Irish punk - ??

I didn't even know there was category of Irish punk. Sometimes I think anyone can create a new music category whenever they want. Hmm how about Irish grunge or Irish Reggae ?

Well guess what ? The Tossers are Southside Chicago Irish (those from here - it's just "southside Irish"). If you don't know, being called a tossers is not a good thing. I think it might be like a wanker, but I'm not completely sure.

Here's a bit on the word from the bio on their record company page:
"... In the early 1920's, the Irish instituted their own currency after the southern free state won independence from Britain. British coins became worthless throwaways - "tossers."
A little Irish history - which I found very interesting. Oh if you do study Irish history, you might end up disliking the Brits. Along those lines you might dislike Americans if you study the North American Indians too.

I was puzzled by the title of this song, so after a quick internet search I figured it out. Siobhan is another Irish form of Joan meaning "God is gracious." A popular name in Ireland where the anglicized versions are often used.






Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing