Friday, February 21, 2020

when what whatever

I bought a ticket to the world
But now I've come back again
Why do I find it hard to write the next line?
Oh I want the truth to be said.



NOT my backyard

This post begins with words from the 80's song True by Spandau Ballet. Two thoughts in those lyrics is the reason I put it this post. First one is the difficulty in writing the next line. More importantly, the second one is wanting the truth to be said.

Confused yet? I sure am. The past hit song True would be classified as a love song. I classify this post as a grumble of thoughts and complaints.

Don't you agree, when you are doing or have done wrong then you want the truth to be hidden or denied.

In other words what is it you don't want us to know?

During 2000 and 2001, I made two business trips to Caracas Venezuela. I mention this because I just watched the story of family stuck in the current economic and humanitarian crisis there.

The country had problems then too. But nothing like today. I recall seeing the slums on some of the hills surrounding the city. But people were working. Both of my trips were enjoyable. I thought of going back for a vacation years ago. No more. Other than brave reporters who would want to go there today.

Some thoughts:
  • Government is important and not to be taken for granted.
  • No government system is perfect. No magical solutions.
  • Government is more than political slogans.
  • The respect and following of the rule of law is vital.
  • Respect for all people is vital.
  • The larger the gap between economic health of the rich and poor, the more potential for violence and unrest.
  • The bottom and middle working groups need growth. Not the top rich.
  • History shows that dictators don't run countries for the benefit of all its people.
  • Venezuela is an example of dictators ruining the lives of their people.
  • I'm worried about our current leadership's disrespect for law and justice among other inadequacies.





Lastly, the following thought came to me recently while I pondering common phrases:

More people should try eating thought for food. No calories and you may find a good idea.
Here's link to that song if you don't recall it.

No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing