Monday, November 14, 2016

good luck Donald

I started to write my reaction to this election but then reminded myself that I don’t really cover politics much here on my blog. I wondered what to write and decided just to not bother. You might have read my past rants about all the election garbage spread around fakebook. I rationalized to myself that those fakebook rants would apply to both sides of our political divide. I’m not trying to hide that I like President Obama and thought Hillary Clinton would have made a better president than Donald. This blog is a fun thing for me and I’m not out to sway anyone’s political views. Nor do I want to argue about that on this blog.

Election night renewed my dislike of polling and the electoral college. I’m hoping that Donald does NOT keep his campaign promises. We don’t need his crappy ideas.

I wish him good luck in running our big government.


Other recent events:

a table set for the missing veterans


Veteran's Day

I had my free Veteran's Day lunch with one of our daughters at a Texas Roadhouse. Very nice. The local veterans group set up a table for the MIA/POW's. It was a good reminder that too many veterans never returned and are still unaccounted for.



Supermoon - when the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that’s amore.

Did you take a glance at the supermoon over the weekend? It did seem brighter. It’s hard to measure any difference with your eyes when there is just dark sky around it. Also if your eye has something in it like a big pizza pie. I would rather eat pizza than remove it from my eye. Of course as happens to many, my eyes are often bigger than my stomach.






Plenty of food references in this song. You’ll sing Vita Bella - since this election I just can’t sing life is beautiful yet. That election pizza has given me a long spell of heartburn.

A great songwriter Leonard Cohen passed on:

SNL and Kate McKinnon nailed it with their Leonard Cohen tribute combined with a remark about the election. Just in case you are not an SNL fan, Kate McKinnon has played Hillary Clinton during the campaign.


No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing