Tuesday, October 21, 2014

react either way

I probably ponder the general subject of them too long.  Too often pleased or dismayed, I have a reaction to ads (just a mental reaction no hives or anything like that).




I've never worked in marketing.  I have been in many meetings with marketing types (do you know the type?).  I consider the late Steve Jobs a marketing genius, whatever that means.  There's a great amount of guessing in marketing.



Often they (the marketing clowns short of, you know) don't care if you react positively or negatively.  Just react either way and their product will have been noticed.

(still with me?)  I prefer funny ads.  Next best, are the well matched musical ads.  Remember those California raisins singing "I Heard It Through The Grapevine"?

She-who-has-a-differing-opinion has told me on numerous occasions that a company ruined a song for her by using it in their marketing campaign.  I find a few that bothered her, to be quite good.  She thinks United Airlines ruined the American classic, "Rhapsody in Blue" when they used it extensively in their marketing campaign.

I'd like you opinion of a recent ad by the BBC that uses a version of the Beach Boys hit, "God Only Knows".  Brian Wilson (and many more) stars in the ad too.




Oh if you are now doing the "was that     ?" thing like I did after watching it, here's a BBC site on the who's who in the video.


No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing