Monday, June 09, 2014

playlist of memories

Unlike my siblings I often spend time listening to music. Do you listen to music everyday? Sure depending on what’s going on I’ll spend days without music. I probably listen to more now than I did in my teens. The songs form a playlist of memories for me. Could it be that songs of 60’s and 70’s had more messages in them? I don’t know. Imagine. Imagine all the bloggers posting life in peace. You may say I’m a dreamer.




Back in the 70’s, Elton convinced me that my future lies beyond the yellow brick road. I start forming my big plan. But then the next song on my playlist tells me:
but honey child
I got my doubts.
You can’t see the forests for the trees.

It’s just a song. However, it’s Not the same old song. Memories keep lingering on.

Now don’t think I’m suggesting that all the good songs have profound messages. A few favorites of my just stir up visions of a long cool woman in a black dress. She had it all though.

A good memory song can put you in a place. Maybe a specific place or maybe just a season. The summer breeze or with a stronger memory, a summer wind. Why with these summer songs you could easily create a theme from a summer place. Oh wait, Percy Faith did that!



No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing