Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Drive By news update

That satellite crash, I posted something on recently had me looking for more info. The wired site has a interesting list of lost stuff in space.

One of the items listed was the tool bags that got away during a space walk. On another spacewalk another astronaut lost her camera.

The camera-missing astronaut is Suni Williams who holds a longevity in space record, is a naval aviator and had long hair. Now this long hair shown in her NASA picture was cut while in space.
She talks about in the video below.

astronaut



From my experience of cleaning up the mess of hair from my daughters, I can imagine the stuff floating around in space would be a bigger pain.

Back on earth (at a BBQ?) she was interviewed and was very candid and open about her spaceflight. Maybe sharing more info than some even wanted to hear.





Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing