Saturday, August 29, 2020

no sympathy

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, FOUR years
Stole many a man's soul and faith
Yes, I've been watching the RNC coverage combined with some listening to lyrics of my favorite songs.

(please note most all my posts are non political but certainly not this one)




According to Wikipedia Thugs from the Thuggee cult




The Republican strategists attempts to polish up mean Mr. Mustard’s image enough to reassure swing voters that he is OK enough was on full display. In other words, asking for sympathy for the devil (more about the devil part later).

The week before I watched the DNC coverage. I watched both on the PBS channel. I enjoy the commentary. I used the mute button more with the RNC coverage.

So Trump got his name in fireworks over the Washington monument. That should be enough. Resign now it's not going get better Donny John. Oh, spelled out in fire, the devil? Oh never mine.

As I checking the lyrics to the Rolling Stone's hit song, I came across this line:

And I laid traps for troubadours
Who get killed before they reached Bombay

I had no clue to what this referenced. Thanks to a bit of clicking on the internet I found it most likely refers to the Thuggee cult in India's past. Some historians believe the British exaggerated the problem to justify some harsh laws in India. I don't know, but it had me thinking of the thugs associated with mean Mr. Mustard. I included the Thugs picture I found on wikipedia.  




The devil in the details - a favorite phrase but since I don’t really believe in the religious concept of the devil, I’m using the term more as slang. I do love deviled eggs.

No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing