Tuesday, March 21, 2017

I’m looking through you

I'm looking through you,
Where did you go?
I thought I knew you,
What did I know?
You don't look different, but you have changed.
I'm looking through you, you're not the same. (Beatles, Rubber Soul album)




Now according to all knowing wikipedia, this song was about Paul McCartney’s girlfriend Jane Asher. The lyrics describe that relationship moment when you start to see a different image of the other person than you had at the beginning.

Just the other day as I looked at my old self in the mirror it occurred to me these lyrics could apply to oneself. Where did that younger me go? I’m not the same. Why not apply it to the relationship we all have with ourselves?

I think the initial reaction to a noticing a change is negative but what if it is a change for the better. A few things have changed for the better. We can still step forward even though we have slipped behind.

The song reminded of the movie, “i am sam”. Great movie.



No comments:

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing