Wednesday, November 27, 2013

who can it be now

Oh I think I'll use a word that I don't believe has shown up on this blog yet - curmudgeon.

I don't think I'm a curmudgeon, but I do get cranky. I probably could use a vacation to the Caribbean (I'll accept tickets if you would like to be so generous).

The holiday season (why isn't Memorial Day and July 4th called the "holiday season?? They are almost as close together.) bring a small stream of in-laws to the house. If I could actually control the volume of in-laws a little better it wouldn't be so bad. Reservations for two at a time would work (for me).



The title song for this post:

8 comments:

Joanna Jenkins said...

I have a friend who is a true curmudgeon-- but I love him anyway. And it's a great word-- really sums him up.

Have a great Thanksgiving with a few less than usual relatives (maybe?).
jj

lisleman said...

thanks - you too! have a great Thanksgiving and create some good memories.

Cheryl P. said...

I don't mind a little curmudgeonism. Sometime around the holidays...the holidays between Thanksgiving and Christmas on into New Years) it's warranted.



So you have people invading your space, huh? This is the first year in a long time I didn't host Thanksgiving. I leave tomorrow for Europe and thought I didn't need to complicate things. So today, I can see that a noisy house full of people isn't a bad thing..it's a bit too quiet here.

longhollow said...

I can't picture you as a curmudgeon at all. I bet you're a very gracious host! Take a deep breath...and happy Thanksgiving!

lisleman said...

Ok curmudgeon might be too harsh of a description but I'm not much into entertaining. Honestly, I prefer a party hosted by someone other than myself. thanks

lisleman said...

That's it I'm a little curmudgeon. Maybe a tiny curmudgeon. Have a great trip.

Secret Agent Woman said...

I've had some curmudgeonly friends and relatives in my time.

lisleman said...

Well there are certainly all kinds out there. Hopefully those curmudgeon types were still pleasant enough to visit with at least for a brief visit.

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing