Tuesday, May 26, 2009

connections or just random events


We find connections in events and stuff of our lives all the time. I'm often not sure the connections are really there. Patterns can be spotted if you are looking for them. But is it like seeing animals in the clouds on a summer day?

Did you notice a face pattern in the above picture? Now that happy face wasn't really a cloud - it's from an air show made by a sky writer.

Because of the air traffic where I live, it's common to see the letter X traced across the sky from the contrails left. X marks the spot - right?

Recently, I found a blog that described letterboxing. Also, my wife just the other day pointed out an article about a treasure hunt activity called Geocaching. I have not tried either but geocaching sounds like a high tech version of letterboxing. It seemed strange that these related subjects would show up within a few days of each other.

Both activities involve hidden boxes. The geocaching game/adventure involves GPS units and the internet.

Of course, the nature of the internet is connections or as commonly called "links". It's all built on links. So some subjects probably tend to appear in many different blogs because bloggers read each other's material. The "viral video" happens because of this linking and the community sites that encourage posting and sharing favorite finds.

Have you tried this treasure hunting? Please share in the comments.


Share a smile

10 comments:

Tours with Shoki said...

great and amazing searching,visit my blog and post comments. www.shokiours.blogspot.com

Bill Lisleman said...

@tours shoki
thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Lilly said...

oh i have never heard of either. However, I did like you little kangaroom how funny is that. The Japanese make some amazing things. Also I looked at your Elizabeth Gilbert Ed Talk too and found that really great. Really great. Thanks for you litle links, they have always been useful!

Bill Lisleman said...

@lilly - thanks for the feedback -
feel free to embed that kangaroo clip.

thanks

Unknown said...

Every time we sign onto the internet we are connected with billions of other folks, most of whom are looking for the same things: peace, love, happiness, and some Google adsense revenue.

peace,
mike
livelife365

Bettie said...

"Patterns can be spoted, if your looking for them"

Isn't that the truth! Interesting post lisleman, I enjoyed it and will peek around a bit more while I'm here.

thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, appreciated as always as was nice to see ya.

I have not sent a review but I might still, we'll see lol .

take care

Bettie

Bill Lisleman said...

@mike f - thanks I hope the first three things are more desired than the last one. They should be.

@bettie - thanks - I will think about expressing more of my "philosophy". The whole destiny vs. chaos is an interesting question. I still want to keep this blog fairly light-hearted.

Kit said...

Yes, of course! As you've noted (thanks for the link!) I do letterbox. I haven't tried geocaching (I don't have a GPS), but I don't miss it because there's more than enough letterboxing to keep us busy! Geocaching is more widely known and practiced in the States, though.

For more info on letterboxing (and most of the clues that are available) check out:
http://www.atlasquest.com/
and
http://www.letterboxing.org/
Get hooked- it's fun!
Kit

Bill Lisleman said...

@kit Links are good so thanks for the additional ones.

Kit said...

Yes, of course! As you've noted (thanks for the link!) I do letterbox. I haven't tried geocaching (I don't have a GPS), but I don't miss it because there's more than enough letterboxing to keep us busy! Geocaching is more widely known and practiced in the States, though.

For more info on letterboxing (and most of the clues that are available) check out:
http://www.atlasquest.com/
and
http://www.letterboxing.org/
Get hooked- it's fun!
Kit

Featured Post

Feedback can be amazing